Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 32 Parc du Forillon, at the very eastern end


What better to do at a campsite just a meadow's walk away from the sea, than go for a morning swim? So I did. It was idyllic - utterly peaceful. And it was bitterly cold - so much so that even ten minutes in, my limbs were still fizzing and I came out almost blue. Still, I've now swum in rivers and lakes and the sea on this holiday. And thank goodness the camp ground has very HOT showers!

We were all pretty tired and spent a few hours hanging around in our temporary garden, reading and chatting. I think it's the most "down time" we've had in the trip so far. It was also overcast and somewhat cool, so we weren't feeling too motivated.

But then there is always the pressure being somewhere Far Away, with Sights to be Seen. So in mid-afternoon we drove a few miles up the road to Cape Bon-Ami, and did a very steep hike to the look-out tower on the cliffs.



From the top you have a 360 degree view of the entire peninsula. It was quite something to return to the campsite, look up from our small square of garden, and spot the tower in the far distance, silhouetted on the cliff edge high up above us. But by the end of the day, my limbs did ache.

No comments: