Full on day at the Kennedy Space Centre visitors complex - where I was even more thrilled than Tom by the space shuttle launch simulator, and by the IMAX film about the repair of the Hubble Space Telescope. I find it hard to believe that we get to witness it - the astronauts out there conducting spacewalks where the tiniest of tears in a spacesuit means death - replacing nuts and bolts and circuit boards up among the stars as we see the blue and green of earth drifting by gently below them. The fact that part of the space crews' mission was to make the IMAX movie is astonishing.
Down on earth, I was surprised by how few tourists were there. Perhaps it will be heaving at the weekend, as folks come into town before the launch date for Discovery on Monday. I hope so. I'd hate to think that space is now officially a bore.
Later... we were heading home so late we dropped our "eat in" plans and went to a "shack" of a fish restaurant called Dolphin View. And so it proved....
No comments:
Post a Comment