Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Day





What a fabulous Sunday! After days of drizzle and dreariness, we woke up to a bright blue sky. We woke up rather earlier than usual because apparently the Easter Bunny had been, and the house was full of little written clues to find EASTER EGGS - the hunt was on at 0730!

Then when we opened the door for the papers there was an Easter Basket on the front step (I suspect one of the neighbours...). After all that excitement, it was time for breakfast: boiled eggs and hot cross buns for all. Then I had to get in some cello practice (because my practice buddy Greg has suddenly invited his friends and neighbours to listen in to our session tonight!!) So Tom took Richard to run around the park, then Tom took me to go swimming.... Phew!!

We had a great Skype exchange with Meadow Cottage, and I felt beautifully broody again over gorgeous Fynn. Then we were just settling down to a quiet pasta lunch at, oh about 2.30pm, when there was a Knock on the Door. Our lovely neighbour Marilyn was organising a Cambridge Place Egg and Spoon Race. So we jumped up and ran out to join the crowd. She'd handpainted a basket full of eggs, laid down pink chalk lines in the road, Richard grabbed the camera and went to be the official Results Man. And We Were Off!

You can see the results for yourself below. Mum came a respectable third in the Grown Ups race and won a bottle of Baileys! Tom came a fabulous first (but look at that somewhat suspect technique....) We all cheered ourselves on. Then came in for lunch at, oh about 4...!

Cello practice at Greg and Margos still beckons. They're laying on cheese and wine. So that's Tom sorted. I think I may to have a glass of wine, so I'm not too tense to play Vivaldi at SPEED. It's been one of those great and glorious spring days that seems to last for ever...

lots of love all! PT x

No comments: