Friday, July 25, 2008

Girl at home - July 24th

Now YOU boys have the excuse of a wedding and a birthday celebration and I have no excuse at all. But oh my what a hangover. I am not relishing presenting tonight with rabbit-pink eyes!

My evening of being girl at home turned into a jolly nice supper with Kim and Bob at Cork DC, a lovely wine bar with tapas. Then as Bob was walking me towards my Dupont Circle bus at around eleven, we bumped into the late shift, and repaired to the Irish bar at Jury's hotel for a couple of glasses of wine. They closed on us. And I got back home at 3! Terrible girl. Also terrible tolerance levels.

It's so lovely to see your photos and hear your stories - and having just had a phone call from you Richard, I can't wait to see Tom in wedding suit, Listers en masse, and also I hope a pic of the bride and groom!

Rabbit eyes apart, work is going well. The last few days have been very intense, and I've also done loads of reading, so that I too can casually refer to the op-eds in the various papers, and what the top commentators are saying. Last night Matt presented the top of the show from the floodlit Brandenburg Gate in Berlin - it looked fantastic.

Tonight, girl going home to be tucked up with a cup of cocoa nice and early. I don't want to be hanging around at home without you boys at the weekend - so I think I may do a bit of sightseeing with our visiting presenter Karin, who's great company.

I'll see you both in a week now!! And Tom ... sdsdfsdoifudpgiwerm;m... also, I love you lots, I send you big kisses and a hug, and I'm glad that you are having a lovely time with Daddy.

bye both - for now

PT xx

No comments: