Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday 26 Feb

School trip today to the Kennedy Center for a Magical Mozart experience. It was more magical than I had feared with a bus load of five to eight year olds - a trio from the National Symphony Orchestra played harp, flute and oboe, and managed to carry the audience through a fast-forward version of "The Magic Flute" which seemed pretty impressive. There were four adults with our class, so I was walking around with a string of seven children dangling from my hands! First photo shows them getting ready to leave school, second shows the survivors about to head for home. Tom looks like he needs the bathroom, but I think he's actually dancing!

A great ski experience at the weekend - we hauled ourselves out of bed on Sunday and drove ninety minutes north to the little resort of Whitetail. Fresh snow, gorgeous sunshine, and at last Tom really and truly learned to snow plow. Whoopee!

No comments: